Feels like so much of this year has been about rounding corners to get to the next thing. Almost to the first RE appointment, almost to the HSG, almost to the IUI's, almost through with 2ww. And it doesn't stop now. Almost to 1st beta, almost to 2nd beta, almost to 1st ultrasound.
At one point does one stop to live in the moment?
I was staring at my blog summary and it said I had 90 posts. I thought to myself how I'm just rounding the corner to 100. But, honestly I'm having a heck of a time getting there lately. Feels like I jumped from 60-90 in no time flat and now getting to 100 sometime soon seems impossible. And why is that the case I wonder?
Is this just a temporary case of blogger's block? Was infertility my only muse? Has it left? Well, certainly not the infertile part. I still feel like an infertile, just one who happens to be experiencing something that she thought was impossible once upon a time.
Could it be contentment? Perhaps. Exhaustion? Maybe.
Interestingly enough I realize that I used to spend most of my time writing out blog posts and commenting on others when Marvy was on the other computer playing his A.xis & Al.lies game. Which if you know nothing about this game just know that it sucks hours from my husband's life. Well, he was only playing that as a way to cope with the infertility stuff. Now, both computers are off and we're just snuggling on the couch watching TV.
But, it still strikes me as odd that one of the happiest things that has ever happened to me leaves me speechless. Or wordless as it might be. Is it because it's still surreal? Very few people know right now. My dearie friend Jo, happened to look at my blog after a long time without reading and found out. But, we can't openly talk about it at work. So, about five couples are aware. None of our family knows yet, but that will change on Friday.
Am I going to feel different after that? Will I accept that this is really happening? Well, at the very least I should have plenty to blog about for you guys after that no?
::: :::
Just a couple of quick stories I'll share of the past week. Over the weekend the temperatures around here were 102 degrees, so we tried to stick to air conditioned locations like the movies and the mall. I asked Marvy if he would want to stop by a store that also sold baby stuff just to peruse and get some ideas. He loved it. He walked up and down every isle. Tested out strollers, made comments on cribs. He got all excited about a duo stroller with the J.eep brand. I just shook my head. "Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here?"
He became obsessed with those little infant suits. The jacket shirt and tie pieces. He even found a tux. Thought it was the cutest thing. He found a pair of tux pants that must have been separated from the rest of the suit and had a price tag of $1. "Can we get it? It's only a dollar! Look it's so cute!" Uh, can we not wait on baby clothes until we know what's in there?
Then the next day I went to go hang out with a couple of girlfriends and he took off to another store, just to see what they had. I knew that the day we found out we were pregnant he would be excited, but at the same time this still surprises me and I find it completely adorable.
Last night he showed me what he bought online when he was at work:
At one point does one stop to live in the moment?
I was staring at my blog summary and it said I had 90 posts. I thought to myself how I'm just rounding the corner to 100. But, honestly I'm having a heck of a time getting there lately. Feels like I jumped from 60-90 in no time flat and now getting to 100 sometime soon seems impossible. And why is that the case I wonder?
Is this just a temporary case of blogger's block? Was infertility my only muse? Has it left? Well, certainly not the infertile part. I still feel like an infertile, just one who happens to be experiencing something that she thought was impossible once upon a time.
Could it be contentment? Perhaps. Exhaustion? Maybe.
Interestingly enough I realize that I used to spend most of my time writing out blog posts and commenting on others when Marvy was on the other computer playing his A.xis & Al.lies game. Which if you know nothing about this game just know that it sucks hours from my husband's life. Well, he was only playing that as a way to cope with the infertility stuff. Now, both computers are off and we're just snuggling on the couch watching TV.
But, it still strikes me as odd that one of the happiest things that has ever happened to me leaves me speechless. Or wordless as it might be. Is it because it's still surreal? Very few people know right now. My dearie friend Jo, happened to look at my blog after a long time without reading and found out. But, we can't openly talk about it at work. So, about five couples are aware. None of our family knows yet, but that will change on Friday.
Am I going to feel different after that? Will I accept that this is really happening? Well, at the very least I should have plenty to blog about for you guys after that no?
::: :::
Just a couple of quick stories I'll share of the past week. Over the weekend the temperatures around here were 102 degrees, so we tried to stick to air conditioned locations like the movies and the mall. I asked Marvy if he would want to stop by a store that also sold baby stuff just to peruse and get some ideas. He loved it. He walked up and down every isle. Tested out strollers, made comments on cribs. He got all excited about a duo stroller with the J.eep brand. I just shook my head. "Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here?"
He became obsessed with those little infant suits. The jacket shirt and tie pieces. He even found a tux. Thought it was the cutest thing. He found a pair of tux pants that must have been separated from the rest of the suit and had a price tag of $1. "Can we get it? It's only a dollar! Look it's so cute!" Uh, can we not wait on baby clothes until we know what's in there?
Then the next day I went to go hang out with a couple of girlfriends and he took off to another store, just to see what they had. I knew that the day we found out we were pregnant he would be excited, but at the same time this still surprises me and I find it completely adorable.
Last night he showed me what he bought online when he was at work:
A must have Denver Broncos Onezie. Yeah, so it's Cutler who much to my disappointment is now in Chicago...but it was only 7 bucks. He couldn't resist. I told him that it wouldn't be until Football Season of the year 2011 before the baby would even be able to wear it. Didn't stop him.And me? I had mild nausea the first week in the afternoons, but this whole week I haven't really had any. Getting up in the middle of the night more that once, to use the bathroom has started. I thought to myself last night that I will probably not know a night when my head hit the pillow and I never wake up until morning in a long, long time. :o) My tummy is bigger, I look like the size I was before I lost 10 pounds last year. Although I suppose much of that is from the meds. Had to bring out my fat pants. Which seems awfully early for 5 weeks to have to already be making wardrobe concessions.
Tomorrow is 6 weeks and first ultrasound is Friday. Cross your fingers everything's as it should and we get to enjoy a lovely surprising of the parents this weekend.


Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound Liv! I'm so excited for you all and am sending tons of good vibes in your direction. I find that my posting always drops off in the beginning of a pregnancy due to the exhaustion factor--don't feel bad about it, just take care of yourself! :)
ReplyDeleteDear Liv,
ReplyDeleteAm so happy that hubby and you are enjoying it so. Of course, my best wishes are there with you for the ultrasound!
Oh well, blogging is not a smooth journey....I understand when you talk about sprinting and crawling. It took me about a year to do 100 posts, and then less than five months to touch 200....so, it is just a mixed bag....
No, infertility was /is not your only muse, there are so many things yet to come!!! Infertility as a muse would never disappear, it may take up the backseat, but it is still sharing your car!!!
I remember your support, when I hit the Bumped-out-flat button recently....I sprung up from there....
You will do good!
Take Care!
I love that you and Marvy are content on the couch. :) A great visual, the relaxation and relief after successful IF treatments.
ReplyDeleteI didn't start living in the moment until I was holding my healthy baby boy in my arms. I want to soak up every minute, every second I spend with him. Of course I have my moments of frustration, but more days than not, when I'm playing with my little guy, I think, "This is the best day of my life." And now that we are going back down the treatment road, it's different... although I *always* know what CD or DPO I am, I still look forward to spending every day with my munchkin. I'm waiting, but I'm also content... it's a strange place to be.
Your muse will come back. Give her some time to soak in this new pregnancy feeling.
I was happy to see your update and hear how cheery you guys are feeling. But seriously, enjoy the time on the sofa with your Marvy, and don't be thinking guiltily about your blog. When you wanna write we will be hear ready to read, when you wanna break, hey, it's your life!
ReplyDeleteUh, oh. You may have to put a budget and timeline in place for Marvy. Can you imagine if it is a girl? I think he's the spoil her silly type. So much awesome news lately I'm stoked. You and your muse are doing fine, having a latte, gossiping. I loved the post. Please enjoy your time of wonder, snuggling on the couch is one of my favorites too. Ciao for now. - Traci
ReplyDeleteBlogging ebbs and flows...don't stress about it. All I want is a promise that you keep us updated:)
ReplyDeleteKeeping my fingers crossed for the ultrasound.
I can't wait for Friday! Although you know that becuase I texted you that the other day! *blushes*
ReplyDeleteMarvy, that onsie is very cute!
*HUGS*
Congratulations!!!! We can be belly buddies, since we are only 2 weeks apart! I start wk 5 tomorrow...can't wait for the 6wk U/S. You should road trip it to KS sometime and we can do dinner and compare notes. I am so so so very happy for you!!!! Congratulations again!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for your u/s!!! Pryaing for one or two perfect heartbeats!!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear your u/s results! Friday will be a big day around here too. I can barely stay awake long enough to blog, so don't kick yourself!
ReplyDelete