Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What I Have Going For Me

First order of business. In case you just now tuned in. Do you know me? As in do you know my real name and do we see each other on a regular basis? If so, you my friend are loved, but this is radio silence for you. No blog reading until I say it's safe. MmmmK? Love ya!

So, I decided I'd list out What I Have Going For me right now. Most are super ridiculous but, oh well. Because I'm just taking this one day at a time. And I only have two more to go anyway (today and tomorrow)....

  • While in Shreveport for an hour on the drive back from our vacation, I totally won. I walked in and only decided to play $1. Just to say that I gambled. I did and that $1 turned into 10 buckaroos! Yippee!!! I played a bunch after that up and down and then when it got down to $5 I cashed out and got my Lucky $5. It's been a running joke in our house. When things go "my way" Marvy and I both say it's because I have my lucky $5. Considering it was CD2 on this particular day I told Marvy this means it will be my lucky cycle.
  • We did something different. Mind you it was still an IUI - but I've never taken progesterone supplements nor injectible medication.

  • The IUI was performed in a new room. The previous two were always in the same room.

  • The music that was playing during the IUI was Chri.s Dau.ghtry's "Feels Like Tonight".

  • The follicles on the left hand side were shaped like a little ladybug. What? Ladybugs are lucky right?

  • I won the mega prize of having all my infertility meds covered. (And don't we know this is a big winner! Ding Ding!)

  • One of my good friends is pregnant and this could mean we get to "share" the experience.
  • We went on "vacation" and so we're all "relaxed" now. (Ignore the part that we have 4 weeks of vacation a year and have traveled the world over the last 8 years.)

  • I have all of you guys! And even a bunch that have donned their cheerleader outfits and pom poms.
  • From the RE's office, my nurse, the insurance coordinator, and the gal who is in charge of scheduling are all praying for me.
So, I guess that's it for now. A list of things that are either going to make me a lucky lady or the reason why I crash and burn. Stay tuned.

14 comments:

  1. Just saw your post on Stirrup Queens and wanted to come wish you luck at your beta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow is the day! WEEEEEE!!! That's quite a list there! Still have the outfit on and my pom poms at the ready. I even threw in some jazz hands and spirit fingers, too!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toes are crossed too and I don't cross those for just anyone!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ladybug! Counting your blessings is SOOOOOO much more AWESOME POSSUM than anything in the whole world. Go optimism! I vote you save that lucky $5 somewhere special and take your little bug out for his/her first ice cream cone with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just know this is going to be "it" for you!!
    sending all sorts of good juju over to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! I'm caught up again! I am so excited for you... I have a good feeling that this is it. And we'll all be enjoying your funny posts about pregnancy very soon. :) COME ON, BABY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the focus on what is good! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LIv - this is it...its here! You are not going to crash and burn...you are going to be thankful! BTW...do those people you refer to IRL actually not read this when you say not to?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure hope those RL people aren't reading...I know if my blog was known to the RL world they wouldn't listen!

    With all of that this cycle totally has to work....and I know its a little late, but you can add me to that cheerleader list! I may be a bit bloated for the outfit though ;)

    And how is LIV not your real name...seriously...it suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those follies look GREAT! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you the very best of luck! And, I don't have a cheerleader outfit but I do have my old flag girl uniform...unfortunately, it no longer fits...so no uniform for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the ladybug! So many good signs...I'm excited to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete