
Why You Shouldn't Leave Someone Like Me Alone in the Ultrasound Room - I'll get to that in a minute...
I am pretty lucky to have caring people in my life. I have co-workers that care, friends, people from church, bloggy people and most recently my new boss. She has known me indirectly since she was the manager of another team, but she most certainly hadn't any idea as to what's been going on. Since she took over a couple weeks ago and we haven't had a chance to chat yet. I have been planning to tell her what's going on, unlike with my last boss. I can actually picture him coming up to my desk and asking me out loud, "So, how are things going with your treatments?!" or "How's Marvy doing with his *task*?!" He's a nice enough guy, and well intentioned but doesn't always have a great filter. The best he got out of me was, "I have a treatment regimen with my doctor that requires periodic appointments and a lot of follow up".
This week the new boss scheduled a monthly one on one meeting for Thursday, but since I've been having to call her to let her know I've had to go to the doctor so much this last week she asked me to talk with her today. She had asked me yesterday as she was leaving (since I had just let her know about another appointment again today) if everything was "Okay" with me. I had answered her with a "Not really but we can chat on Thursday". She said that she went home yesterday very concerned about me. So, that's why she took me aside today, she just couldn't bear to wait for the rest of the week to know if I really was "Okay".
As we sat down in a room and shut the door, she immediately looked at my now very bruised elbows from the blood draws and her eyes got real big. I immediately told her that I don't have cancer or anything along those lines. I let her know that Marvy (who she knows as she used to be his boss about 8 years ago) and I were having trouble conceiving and that we have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. My absence has been due to monitoring by an RE and treatments. She immediately understood. Although she admitted that she didn't exactly go through what I'm going through, but that in between the pregnancies with her two boys, she experienced two miscarriages. We talked for a long time. One of the things that she is well known for among my co-workers on the floor is that she really understands the separation of worklife and homelife. She "gets it". She will never question someone for having to leave for a few hours to take care of personal items. I'm very thankful for this new boss, it's just ONE more thing I DON'T need to stress over. Ah, so nice.
I like my RE clinic. They have a touch screen computer at the front check in desk so that way you can either swipe your license or type in your soc to sign in. As soon ask you click the "check in" button you get a confirm with what your appointment is for, who it's with, and at what time alongside your photo. But, they know me so well that when I walk up, they just say, "Hi! I'll check you in." They don't even ask me my name! Man, I wish more medical facilities worked this way. Dr. Obgyno has an archaic website and the front office never gets anything right. I'm going to miss this office and staff when I leave them one day.
After I checked in and received another bruise for blood...
-Oh, trigger time! hang on I'll be right back!
And we're back. Model Nurse (she's tall, skinny, and very modelesque) checked me out and gave me the following plan. Depending on my LH numbers I'll either go in today if there is a surge or I'll fill the Rx for the trigger shot and go in for IUI #2 on Thursday. As you can see from my quick break, my LH numbers came back and they want me to trigger. No problem. She tells me the breakdown of my follicles, two close to maturity and two close behind and then to meet her in the consult room when I'm ready.
So, this girl is now very familiar with this follicle screen on the ultrasound. Alone, after they leave the room, I normally take out a little pad and pen to write the follie sizes. But, then I got BOLD...I had noticed Nurse Peppy yesterday hit a button and she would tear off a print out and take it with her. Hmmm...I wonder if I press this button...I touch it, not yet brave enough to press it. I give it a sec and then go for it...FOUND IT - HA! I got a nice little print out. The only problem was that it was a print out of page 2 and I really wanted page 1. So, how do I go back a page? My heart beat rapidly as I "tested" a couple of options. F2? No. F4? Whoa!!! Not it! It was a word doc looking summary of everything. I hit exit and I was back where I started, I then looked at something on the screen...You think it could be this...? BINGO! I'm on page 1! I hit print and as I tore it off, I coughed at the same time so they couldn't hear me. I am so bad don't ya think?
Here's my contraband. I now know to move the cursor out of the way when I go to print next time, so ignore the cursor. What do you think?! :o) Yeah, they shouldn't trust me...



Ha! I wonder if they have tracking on that computer and it will tell them if anyone did anything to it while they were in the exam room by themselves? Hmmm? Just kidding. This is hilarious! I know better to leave you in my house by yourself! :)
ReplyDeleteNice work, your ultrasound picture getting ninja! I'm glad your boss is so sweet, what a relief. Thinking of you and sending you lots of positive vibes!
ReplyDeleteLol! That's hillarious, and I could see myself totally doing the same thing! Glad it worked out and you got the right print out...I wonder if they ever figured out what you did? Too funny! Good looking follies!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Haley
LMFAO I took a picture of my US screen with my camera phone. It's posted on my blog in October somewhere hehehehe
ReplyDeleteNice!!! I am so proud of you! I think the least you should get for all the $$ you're forking over to them is a nice little printout!
ReplyDeleteWoah - brazen and bold - but much more effective than pencil and paper, yes?
ReplyDeleteHey - you have to take some control of the process really.
I got as far as the tile and busted out laughing!! You crack me up a million miles away! Praying my heart out for you and hoping to see you this next week while I'm in town.
ReplyDelete