Friday, January 2, 2009

You Down with HSG?...(Ya, you know me!)

Today I had my HSG test. Yeah, I know what you're thinking...Happy Birthday to me! If you'd like to learn more about it I recomend going to the Stirrup Queens website on this topic. I have read some women's accounts as an extremely painful experience. I'd have to day that thankfully I really didn't experience tremendous pain like I was expecting. I think this was mostly because it wasn't done with a radiologist but at the RE's office with a doctor who was able to shoot up the cervix with a local.

What was painful were the cramps after the procedure. For about an hour until the maximum strength ty.lenol kicked in it was like the worst period in my life mulitiplied times 5. Ouwie...

What I also find ironic today was that the same day I was having my female duct work piped through with a micro roto rooter, M arranged for someone to clean the duct work in our house. Purely coincidental but, pretty funny eh? So, as I left the house that morning I had three guys going through all my rooms with a huge tube sucking out 8 years of gunk accumulated in our air vents. I then had this image in my head of these guys dressed up like in Mary Poppins, siging the Chimeny Sweep song cleaning out my tubes that are fallopial. Then they started rappin' "You down with HSG?...yeah you know me!

3 comments:

  1. What happened though with the test - are you all good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking in Melissa. Test came back normal, no blockages. I have a follow up appt with the RE on the 13th, so I'm anxious as to what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! I love that he had the ducts cleaned the same day you had yours cleaned!!! I am praying for you guys and I can't wait to hear that wonderful news that you are expecting!!! I have a feeling this IS your year!!!!

    ReplyDelete