Okay I'm scared.I had my birthday party on Saturday. We had a wonderful time. Dinner and Dancing at a georgous club that overlooks a lake. Live 70's style band had plenty of great reasons to stay on the dance floor. I loved that my friends and family were there and for the first time ever, I had a real birthday party...since normally New Year's is just to hard to coordinate something.
My SIL, the one who I reference as the PO for "pregnant one", was there and she definitely enjoyed herself dancing. She and my MIL left around 12am and the rest of us left about an hour later and went home. About that time my SIL who is just now at 12wks sees that she is bleeding in her hotel room. They went to the emergency room. The u/s showed that the baby is fine, but obviously still a major concern. They didn't get home until 6am.
M and I had no idea until about lunchtime when Mom called. My heart sank. It would be my worst nightmare if she miscarried. And even though I know that if she did miscarry it should not be blamed on dancing, but I don't think I'd ever forget that happened on my birthday. Please help us pray for her. M and I had our weekly baby prayer time and we pretty much dedicated it all to her.
I also thought I would share the letter I wrote to my SIL. She flies back to the Northwest today and will have an appt with her doctor shortly after.
Dearest C,
What you are going through is understandably scary. I can’t imagine the fear you must have felt when you saw that you were bleeding last night. I wish we could take all the fear and concerns away from you and you can travel peacefully. I pray that God will help do that for you.
Please also keep in mind that our womanly bodies are quite amazing. And much more resilient than we think. Your body was built in such a way that your baby is very well protected from the things you do. Sometimes situations like this occur if anything to remind us that it’s time to just take it easy. There are many women who are at the same stage of pregnancy as you before they’ve realized they are even pregnant who miraculously have perfectly healthy babies in the end. As many as one in every three women will experience vaginal bleeding, and although this is a significant event, many cases end up being quite benign.
One of my favorite images of God protecting me through times I thought I’d never survive is Exodus 33.
19 And the LORD said, I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
20 But, he said, you cannot see my face, for no-one may see me and live.
21 Then the LORD said, There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock.
22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.
23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.
So, when you are fearful, and I know you will be, just try to picture God picking you up and putting you in a safe place where his loving hand will have been right there with you all the way even if you can’t see Him.
Meanwhile remember that you have a whole bunch of people of love and adore you who will be praying for you. We will pray for protection and health of you and the baby. We will pray that God removes the fear that grips you. And we pray that you will not feel alone, but that your family is right with you despite the distance.
With Much Love
Your Sister,
Liv
**Update** C had her doctor's appointment today after flying home. Doctor found that there was a tear where the placenta had implanted in the uterus. He said that it is already healing. Asked her to take it easy but did not put her on bed rest. Thank you for prayers! I'm off to bed now, feeling relieved.
**Updated Update** I got a call from the SIL C last night thanking me for my letter. She just thought it was the best ever. Definitely helped her that day. The really cool part? Just that week before the party and drama - she went to her mom's bible study. This was just the verse they had been studying. How cool is that? I mean who quotes Exodus anyway??? Especially in this situation?


Wow! I am sorry to hear she had that scare, truly. But..I love your letter and am very glad you are coming around on this topic. I can honestly tell you I was a little worried about your feelings of the PO from that one blog. All in God's timing and yours and Michael's will come. No one knows HOW it will happen but you will be parents one day. Know that and be secure in that. We will pray for her and the pregnancy. Thank you for sharing your blog. Love ya, KK
ReplyDeleteYour letter showed compassion and grace; very well written. I am looking forward to seeing your progress. My RE doesn't have the 3-D ultrasound. I gotta find a new doctor. Thank you for your post, I hope you don't mind me checking back with you.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I appreciate you sticking around. And if you really do want to consider a new doc check this out... (I noticed you are in North Texas too...)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.embryo.net/
Oh good news. Thanks for sharing!~kk
ReplyDelete