I've decided to change M's name. It has served us well. But, I'm telling you, the man is just marvelous. So, there you have it... we shall call him Mr. Marvelous. Or Marvy for short.Mr. Marvelous is truly my best friend. Eventually I'll tell you the story of all the circumstances that took place that brought us to the day we met. But, I think I'll save that for Valentines. (It is coming up by the way!) For now I just want to brag on him.
~I never have to wake up by an alarm clock because he always sweetly wakes me up.
~In the winter he makes sure that he leaves the space heater on in the bathroom so that I can take a shower and get dressed where it's nice and toasty.
~He always makes coffee. If he's ever running late and doesn't leave enough time, he feels terrible and apologizes. "I'm so sorry Lu. I didn't get to make you your coffee's." (He calls me Lu)
~Last night I was overwhelmed with work and had to stay late. He came and brought me dinner and stayed with me until I was done.
~He helps me remember to take my vitamins.
~He always opens doors for me
~He never makes me feel dumb when I ask him dumb questions.
~He has three rules he sticks to without question. 1. Do not steal from Lu. 2. Must protect the Lu 3. Do not make the Lu sad.
~He ALWAYS can make me laugh. Everyday.
~It's been years since I've had to get my own car inspected, updated with the registration, and half the time do I ever have to fill it up with gas because he will do this for me.
~He never gets mad/upset/irritated when I seek warmth when getting under the covers and I'm freezing. My feet will be so cold, but he doesn't mind if I put them against him to warm up.
~He prays for me daily.
~He maintains the ambassador role with his own family. He makes sure that any miscommunication or disagreement is corrected and/or dealt with promptly and sticks up for me at all times.
~He trusts me with everything that matters and doesn't trust me with the things I'm not good at handling without help. (i.e. forgetting to take my vitamins!)
~He calls me cute, sexy, and beautiful all the time. He thinks it's almost impossible for one person to be all three except me.
~He holds me when I'm crying myself to sleep.
~He assures me I will be a mom one day and that I will be such a good mommy.
I know he will be a great daddy. I just can't wait.


You're a lucky woman. And Mr. Marvelous is a lucky man to have you.
ReplyDeleteYou two should write a book on marriage and I would be the first one to buy it! :-) You are very blessed and as long as we have known you both we can attest that most of this is true. (can't attest to the personal stuff) but all the actions we have seen M do too. Don't sell yourself short though O, cause you, too, are pretty Marvelous! kk
ReplyDeleteYou are a very lucky woman! It is great that you acknowledge it too. He sounds like a lucky guy to have you too. I get so tired to hear my friends bashing their husbands, thank you for sharing the good side!
ReplyDeleteAwww how sweet! I might print this out and tape it to my husband's monitor ;o) You two are so lucky to have each other. I left you an award and a meme on my blog. I'd love to get to kn ow more about you.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day,
D
Funny. My ex read my blog and he's like "so, new guy gets a fancy name (NYEBoy) and all I am, is M". I laughed and told him he was also Asshole a few times, so M should make him happy. He said M sounded fine. Heh!
ReplyDelete