Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Like You


I like you blogland. I like you people whom I've never met yet I would go way out of my way to do something for you if you needed me to. I like you in real life friends who happen to read my blog. I like you lurky loos who tell me you read my blog and say nice things about what I write. I like you ICLW peoples who took time out to stop and say hi.


One of you's we shall call her "The Blog Friend" have taken the time to write me a wonderfully sweet, caring and helpful email. I went out on a limb and sent her an email totally imposing on her. But, she was every bit as much a friend to me, who if it weren't for this blog we would be strangers, as people I have been friends with for years. This person even said she would ALWAYS be there for me. How cool is that?


One of my in real life friends we shall call her "The Poet", lives many states away and I rarely see her. But she keeps up with me via my blog. I seriously have no reason to whine in comparison to what she's been going through. Her dear step-father passed away a couple years ago and I know that was hard. The husband whom she thought would be her partner forever, turned out not to be Prince Charming and she filed for divorce recently. Because of a job she moved many, many states away where she is very much by herself. And to top it off all she has ever wanted was to be a stay-at-home mother, and last summer she had to have a grapefruit sized fibroid tumor surgically removed from her child producing parts. She would probably be in this community of infertiles if it weren't for the fact that she doesn't exactly have a sperm donor. I have been reading a lot of blogs in this community and I have yet to find one of you with looser spouses. Everyone of you have spouses that nearly compare to Superman. Yet despite all of her woes, she's the kind of person who sends you a Halloween card, a Thanksgiving card, a Christmas card, and a birthday card. All to let you know how she's there for you. I suck at cards. The best I could do was the one Christmas card. Then for Valentines day she sends me something else in the mail. A simple handmade card with nothing but a poem. It reads:


What do you say to a friend, who's body has conspired against her?

What do you say when words which have never failed you before, today just won't go there?

So many miles away, I can't even offer a hug or a touch to comfort the pain and frustration she's feeling.

So many miles away and yet my heart is instantly by her side with every painful thought she's revealing.

Where I am usually so eloquent, I falter.

Where I could speak, I am dumb.

And so I'll do the only thing that I know how to my friend, And simply pray for

______________ to come.


Can you see why I like you all now? I wanted to let you all know how seriously, "I Heart You Guys". And to thank these two for being the lovely people they are. Do me a big favor and help me thank these two by leaving a comment for "The Blog Friend" and "The Poet" and tell them how great they are. Seriously, these ladies are truly great.

9 comments:

  1. Man! You made me cry! Well your Poet Friend made me cry with her beautiful poem. She's an amazing woman and has an amazing gift. Poet Friend if your reading this, YOU ROCK! That was an awesome poem.
    Hugs Liv, love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These connections are so real - more true than any of those you-run-into-them-everyday just because you live near them people.

    We are part of such a special place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for the Honest Scrap Award
    at
    http://bottomsoffandonthetable.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for being so open and honest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from ICLW.

    I, too, have met wonderful people through the internet, most of whom I would move heaven and earth for if I could. I think the people on line know me in a way my IRL friends don't. Online I am willing to just lay it out there without hesitation. IRL, that is so much harder to do!

    And to "The Blog Friend" and "the Poet", thank you for supporting Liv! You are true friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Returning your visit to my bloghouse for ICLW! Thanks for adding me to your blogroll, I'm returning the favor. I heart your blog, too!

    The poem your friend wrote made me tear up. How wonderfully sweet and sensitive is she? I count myself so lucky to have such wonderful suppport on and off line with all this IF stuff. Without that, I'd probably be in a dark room somewhere straight-jacketed!

    ICLW!!! Eve (infertility rocks!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    You are very fortunate to have such awesome friends. That poem is beautiful. The fact that you have good friends like these shows that you must be a pretty great friend yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What a beautiful poem and a wonderful friend. I wish I could offer her my sperm donor.

    Bloggy love to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful people! That poem brought tears to my eyes.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I was gonna keep quite. Until I got the offer of the sperm donor, that is.... LOL!!

    We do all love and cherish O, don't we? She said of me that she had no room to whine about what she's going through in comparision to what I've been through - and everytime I think of her, I mirror the sentiment. It's no wonder we love her like we do.

    Thank you, O, for thinking of me - for sending these sweet comments in my direction. Thanks to each one of you for commenting towards me, in this odd 6 degrees of seperation.

    And I only hope you all know I pray for ______ for each of you. Because words still fail me.

    The Poet,
    Sarah Jo - dontchaknow.

    ReplyDelete