First, the temp drop.

Then, well, I don't have to tell you. You can see it on the chart.
What kills me of course is the stupid thing we do when thinking about "timing". If we had been pregnant this cycle it would mean there would have been a possibility of having a little one at Christmas time. There would be enough time for passport, etc.
Last Christmas was such a beat down. One of the things discussed with my sister in law was that they were planning on going to Guatemala for Christmas this year to show off the baby. Marvy and I had been talking (privately) about going to Guatemala for Christmas so the thought of that killed me.
I have been holding on to this idealized image of us both taking babies down to introduce to our family. The family photo with the grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles etc.
I know I'm putting too much pressure on myself about this but, seriously, this opportunity really has a very small window. Marvy's grandfather was very ill 18 months ago, and he's doing much better but you never know. Plus, if my SIL goes down there this year, there's no way she could go down there the next.
Project Family Photo is a gonner.


I'm so sorry...not only for the news but for the feeling of the lost moments as well.
ReplyDeleteICLW
Aramelle
from http://the-wheeler-family.net/anewwheeler/
Sorry :(
ReplyDeleteI understand the family stuff... I HAVE to go to my family reunion this year because I skipped last year and my grandparents are getting so old... But my cousin is pregnant again on accident with the world's biggest loser husband ever. Why do I want to be a part of that?? And my mom will be the only sister there that isn't a grandmother. It is just painful.
I'm sorry that you got that temperature drop - but also for your lost opportunity with your family. IF is painful on so many levels!
ReplyDeleteICLW
I am so sorry to hear about your bfn. My current chant is just for the patience to make it to the day when we DO get to have those great family celebrations. I hope your's is soon too!
ReplyDeleteICLW #39
I'm really sorry that you're dealing with a BFN, and the loss of what could have been. Sending you strength, and a hug.
ReplyDelete-ICLW
Hi- I found your blog through Brooke and just wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed reading about your journey and am so sorry about the BFN. I look forward to reading more and for good news next cycle!
ReplyDeleteyuck. so sorry to hear this. it's a difficult journey, that's for sure! hugs!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment about my crazy orange room. I still haven't chosen a color- but I am close :) I'm glad I stumbled across your blog- it is always nice to know someone else who understands exactly what you're going through...
ReplyDelete