Hello to my dear sweet bloggy people.
I owe a million follow ups, and I'm so sorry I haven't provided them. I will be in a better position to do this sometime soon.
Blogging became my therapy. However, at some point I kept putting it off and fixating on trying to make everything perfect for the baby. Unfortunately I didn't realize the cost. I want you guys to know that this will be returning soon. As hard as it is Marvy and I know how much good this does for me so even if we have to schedule the time, we will.
First of all a couple of things you guys need to know!
Baby Max was born on Valentine's Day at 1:19pm. What a Valentine's gift!!!! Appropriate since my birthday is New Year's and Marvy's is Mother's Day. We are a holiday kinda family.
He was 5 pounds 14 ounces and at his two week appointment today he is back to his birthweight and then some at 6 pounds 2 ounces. He is absolutely adorable and I'm starting to think he looks a lot like Marvy. Which makes me so happy.
I had an awesome, awesome birth experience. Thank goodness for my doula and Bradley experience otherwise I think it would have been far different.
Water broke at 4:30 am, contractions at 6:30am. I labored at home in the tub, on my hands and knees on the bed, on the birth balls, my doula showed up and we raced to the hospital at 10 am. By the time we showed up at 11:00am, I was completely dialated at 10. I went through transition in the car! It was awesome and I have a photo of what I looked like right after and it's beautiful.
James two week birthday was yesterday and unfortunately I wasn't there for it. Since Wednesday I have been admitted to the psychiatric ward of the hospital for treatment of post-pardum psychosis. [I'll let that sink in for a second. Yes, I know you are probably rereading that a couple times. It's pretty unbelieveable.] There is also what we believe as obsessive compulsive personality that we are now uncovering has been there all along. I realize the gravity of this and yet I want to joke about it. Or at least I give you guys permission to should it strike you... :o). Here's mine first. Why is this happening to me? Liv? The one who normally does everything so well? Because "My brain, is too sexy for PPD, too sexy for PPD so sexy it hurts... I'm a patient I know where I am and I do a little turn in the Psych Ward." :o)
I know I'm going to be okay. Things are going to be way better know. I may be able to get out tomorrow if not Wednesday but no later than Friday is what it seems. There are a ton of posts to write about over the course of the last two weeks but let me just share a couple great things.
I am able to see God in everything.
My prayer life is way better than it ever was.
The baby is safe, loved and cared for. He is doing very well. And the cutest thing ever!
Work Sucked - Now I qualify for Short Term Disability and that means I get more time at home with the baby. (I'm not taking advantage of anything - this really is a disability to my job)
My already awesome relationship with my Husband is even awesomer.
My family who I felt like wasn't in a position or priority to be by me has totally changed. They are the ones taking care of Max as we speak.
My sister in law who I was never in accord with I now feel is my "big sister". The magnets have flipped their polarization.
I understand my mother better and she understands me.
No one and I mean NO ONE can ever question my commitment to breastfeeding. The fact that I'm able to pump while in a psych ward proves that without question!
They call me a "model patient"... :o) which means I get rights to the Internet now. :o)
I'm afraid I don't have a whole lot of time. So I'm asking for all of you to throw me some tow lines. Please post your comments! They will be taken as hugs for someone who so desperately needs them. I will try to explain as much as I can when I can, but for now I just need some friends who I can share this with.
With all my love,
Liv
P.S. For those of you who read my blog and whom I refer to as my real peoples. It's okay that you know what is really going on. But, know that I'm keeping this under wraps for now. Please pray for me and my family - but no facebook updates please. If you are a real peoples, please provide support to Marvy. This has been really tough on him. He has been wearing himself out ragged. I love him so much.
The Little Things
7 years ago


Thank goodness you got the help you needed when you needed it Liv. PPD and PPP is nothing to fool with! I am looking forward to your blogs about your experience with it, because that I am sure can help other people who don't or may not realize they are in that situation.
ReplyDeleteCan not wait to hear all about your sweet baby! And WTG Marvy for stepping in and being super dad! Glad you had your family support through it!
Sending you a big bear hug. So glad that you are in good hands and that your loved ones have stepped up to the plate to help. It is so important that you feel how loved you are out here in the blogosphere. I will send warm thoughts and prayers to you and your Marvy plus your sweet baby James. I have been meaning to read Heather Armstrong's book (It Sucked and Then I Cried). Her experience sounds similar to what you're going through. She and her husband just had their second baby, and the combination of therapies she was on proved to make all the difference for her this time around. Be gentle with yourself Liv...hugs!!
ReplyDeleteOh Liv! Sending many many prayers for you, for Marvy, for your precious little one, and for your support system. Thank heaven for good doctors and for getting help when it's needed.
ReplyDelete((hugs))
Wow I will be praying for!! Its amazing that you got the right help, and that everything seems to coming into place, with God, your husband, your family, and of course your baby.
ReplyDeleteYay congrats!!! Treat yourself with love and kindnes...PPP happens, so as long as you're being well taken care of then that's all what matters right now.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to see an update from you. Congrats on baby Max's safe and healthy arrival. And Thank you for taking care of you. You are in my thoughts (and I'm betting I'm far from alone on that)!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a strong mama for recognizing that you need to take care of yourself in order to take care of your son. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteBIG VIRTUAL HUG!
Wow. So sorry you're having to deal with this, but glad that it was caught and you and your baby (and DH) are doing well, and that you're receiving the appropriate treatment. I've heard some horror stories of PPP, so it's a relief to know that it can be recognized in time and treated.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being so open about posting about it on your blog - I'm sure as you tell more about your experiences, you'll be able to help a lot of people. I don't want to pry, but I would be really interested to hear how it was caught, whether you realized something was off, what symptoms you were having. And what treatments have helped. Because there are lots of other people out there suffering from PPD and PPP too.
And you know, I bet there are a lot of IFers who have some sort of obsessive-compulsive personality too. You're not alone!
Glad to hear you'll be home soon and that STD will allow you to spend more time with your son. Good luck with the rest of your hospital stay and your recovery!
Congratulations! Welcome to the world, little man! All of your internet aunties are so happy you are here safe and sound. By the way, you have an awesome set of parents, and by the sounds of things extended family. May you grow up surrounded by love and happiness!
ReplyDeleteLiv, I am so glad that you are taking care of yourself. I am even more glad that you have people around you to rely on right now while you recover. You are truly a special person, and it is evident in this post. Even when things are difficult, you manage to find the things in life to celebrate. Max (and Marvy) is a lucky guy.
Much love and many hugs are sent your way...
I am so glad to see a post from you. I am so sorry that you are dealing with this and I will of course pray for you and your family. Sounds like you had a great labor and delivery. I hope you get to go home very soon. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteWelcome Max!!!! We've all been eagerly awaiting your arrival. I'm so glad it went to well!
ReplyDeleteLiv, sweetie! Take care of yourself. Marvy, you rock! I love you guys! Keep those chins up! Sending you SO much love.
*HUGS*
Am so so so happy to see you here, Liv. Am sending snuggles to the baby, and best wishes to both you and Marvy.
ReplyDeleteTake good care of yourself, sweetie.
I am thrilled that you and Marvy are able to celebrate the joyous arrival of Baby Max! You are doing a great job - keep on being strong. It can't be easy, but I know it's the right thing to do and I'm happy to hear that you have such a positive outlook. I'll be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear from you....and that you are getting whatever help and support you need right now. Thinking of you---hang in there!
ReplyDelete{{{Huge hugs}}} Liv...Congrats on the birth of baby Max. I'm sorry it has been so rough post birth but as so glad and relieved that you are getting the help you need. Thinking of you and praying for you and Marvy.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the birth of your son! Transition in the car?! Wowie! :)
ReplyDeleteSending lots of *hugs* and hoping you get the support you need and are back with your family in no time!
Liv, I'm so glad Max is here safely. Congratulations on the start of your next big adventure! I'll be sending lots of vibes and prayers in your direction that you get the care you need right now.
ReplyDeleteLiv, I'm so glad you have your beautiful baby after a perfect birth and I am so glad you are getting the help you need to be a happier person and a great mom. Please be well and know that your bloggy friends are all thinking of you and sending lots of good juju your way. I admire you for sharing your story and I hope you continue too as I know you will help many people who may go through similar things one day.
ReplyDeletelove and peace.
CONGRATS again on the delivery of sweet Max. SO sorry to hear of your PPP, but as others have stated the wonderful thing is that you were able to get help ASAP. Sending many thoughts and prayers for you, Marvy, and Max. HUGS!
ReplyDeleteThank you guys so much!!! It took me the better part of a week to earn the right to the internet and oh, what a joy it was to read your comments today!
ReplyDeleteMore Liv coming soon... Jailbreak is tomorrow!!! 03/03/10.
I think of you often and hope that you are well. Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful son, and we wish you and Marvy the very best as you begin your journey as new parents! We love it!
ReplyDeleteHUGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSsss.
ReplyDeleteand more hugs. I am going through so much right now, and I can't even imagine. Maybe I can. I just know that I am sorry for you, and I so glad that you are doing better. <3
:( Hope you get over this little speed bump.
ReplyDeleteSending you ALL prayers! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI come by way of SQ and want to say congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous precious son. I also want to say I'm sorry for all that you are going through, thankfully with support from your family. You are in my thoughts despite the fact we don't know each other. May there be much joy and laughter ahead for you, your husband and son. Best wishes and cyber hugs
ReplyDeleteJennette in Australia