Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Speed Post

Sorry for the Speed Post, wanted to give you guys an update on a few things before I head off for work.


* We are taking a short break from treatments right now through June. During this time I will continue with the acupuncturist, taking my perscribed herbs, and trying to r-e-l-a-x. Yeah, better said then done I know. May will include a road trip for a wedding and then a visit on the way back with good friends. (Although very, very preganant friends...so wish me luck)

* I did receive a letter response from my SIL. It was good, I'll share more on it later. It also goes to show you how terrible this whole effin' infertility crap is, to cause strained relationships. As I've said before I want to drop kick IF!!!

* I don't have an in real life infertility/treatment buddy anymore...Booo. But, it's because one of my most favorite people in the whole world is expecting! Yay! It's Mama J, the foster mom of my kitties and my birthday Spa day friend! They are going to have the cutest, smartest, blue eyed, cultured baby with very good taste. I can't wait to meet him/her! Congrats Mama J and Papa J!

* My MIL called on Monday, just to check in with me. I can tell the woman has been studying up on ART to have a better understanding. Sentences starting with "From what I've read..." do not finish with words of advice just sharing how tough it must be. Greatness.

* OMG! You Rock Day 2009 Is up to 17 participants so far. Yippee! The idea behind this event is to give all of us who might view Mother's day as a bit of a bummer an opportunity to do something positive and receive something neat in return. Check out the above link to learn all about it and how to participate. Thank you to those who have already blogged about it and added the link to their blog. It's going to be great.

* We have an appt with the RE on May 6th. I want to ask her about uping the anty on the next IUI with injectibles and then going to IVF after that. IVF scares the pants off me, but I'm trying to be as prepared as possible.

* I rejected someone on face.book for the THIRD time. It felt so good. This was a person who was never so nice to me to begin with, an ex-supervisor/co-worker who I bet is oblivious to the fact that I have intentionally IGNORED her requests. I think because we have 20 friends in common my cute little face keeps popping up, "You must know this person!" and I think she says "Why, Yes I do!"... despite the fact that we have not exchanged a proper conversation since 2002. Oh, and what made it REALLY fun to deny her request? The perfectly pregnant profile pic. DENIED!

* Marvy and I had our extended prayer time on Sunday to include my special blogger friends. Basically if you have commented on my blog anytime in the last month, you were specifically prayed for blogger names and all.

* I am LOVING the new Stirrup Queen Ballroom Forum. When you can't find me here in my bloghouse (as Eve puts it) then you will most definitely find me there. If you don't know what I'm talking about then go check out the link on my right side bar. Basically it's like face.book but for the rest of us - in the specific ALI community. It's great because there are times when I want to hop on and feel connected but I just don't have the time/wherewithal to write a decent post. (kinda like this one!) I moderate the General Infertility Group. So, if you feel Generally Infertilitized (new word!) and would like a new way to be supported than c'mon we'd love to have you!

Gotta Run...Peace out!

9 comments:

  1. Good luck visiting your (very pregnant) friend on the way home.

    Also, I am so glad both your MIL and SIL are being supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love new words! I hope you enjoy your break. I hope it brings positive results. I'm glad your MIL is being sensitive, that's great! Have a wonderful day, love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Liv, can I be your friend on facebook??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lady! Thanks for your words of encouragement! I'm so happy that you got a letter back from your SIL and your MIL is being so supportive...amazing! If you ever need anything, please know I am here!

    Love ya babe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your prayers and thank Mr.Wonderful as well. I am glad that you are taking a nice little break. I hope its just the meds that you need to get knocked up. If you read my lil sisters blog called "God is good" you will know that she scared the crap out of me by taking a pg test and posting that it was neg on her blog. WTH!? I think that all newly married girls think they are pg in the first year at least a few times. I know I did. No such luck. I feel the same about IVF its scary. I pray that you and I can both avoid that part of the IF journey. Our doc appt is on the 8th so if you wouldnt mind shooting up a little prayer for me I would be much appreciative. Thanks so much again for your support and I will keep checking on you even though you are on a break! Good luck with the pregos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! "Generally infertilized"!

    Seriously - your prayers are a very sweet gift.

    Can't wait to hear about the letter from your SIL. Sorry about the break til June - hopefully you'll be able to find some moments of peace between now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Muy Gawd, O - I literally Laughed. Out. Loud at "Generally Infertilized" - I've been wondering what to call myself husband-and-tumor-less but still desperatly wanting kids! I think your new word fits the bill!

    So glad to hear the OMG, You Rock! Day is taking flight! You are the orchastrator of such great things beyond yourself - you amaze me!

    And about ignoring people on FB: I had a participant from one of my meetings request to be a "friend" twice now, and I've ever so politely ignored him... once more and he'll be on the verge of stalker-ish! :-)

    Love you Liv! Have a great road-trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - I cant believe u got a letter back from her...wow!

    ReplyDelete