Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Owie...

I have been going to the acupuncturist for a while now. They are g-r-e-a-t. The people are so nice, the gal who normally takes me back to the room always tells me how beautiful I am. And we all know, noboby can ever get their fill of that! I love the doctor.

I've only had a couple minor small bruises in the 10 or so sessions I've had so far. I should probably write a proper post about acupuncture to help people who may want to know more about it. Sorry this one's not it. But, please know that I think it's fantastic and would highly recomend it. But, for now I just want to show off my bruise...


Narly huh?

One more thought as a word of advice...don't ever go in for you acu session when you have to pee just a little bit. Because I was so uncomfortable! I was dying actually, afraid I'd have to go out into the hall back to the front waiting area past all of the people in the waiting room and the herbs store in my hospital gown showing off my lavender and pink panties. I made it...but I'm never doing that again!

12 comments:

  1. Ouch!! I'm dying to try accupuncture! Since this cycle has been cancelled, I may look into it for May :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be getting a very different type of treatment than me... I've never had bruise or wound of any kind. Sometimes there is a drop of blood. Do the bruises ever concern your acupuncturist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH! it seems like it would not be possible to get a bruise from acupuncture! and why are they even putting needles on your shoulder/neck? was this person recommended to you? maybe you should find someone new with a lighter touch!
    in my acupuncture experience (i've had 3 different ladies) i have never had a bruise (and i'm even anemic) and they have all only focused needles on my head, face, ears, hands, abdomen, back, legs and feet. (and with 2 of the 3 i didn't even take my clothes off, just rolled my pant legs and lifted my shirt.) OUCH! i would definitely express some concern to this person for that bruise..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh that is a crazy bruise. I have only tried acupunture once and I am thinking of trying it again. I will try anything at this point I just want to check on the insurance end of it. Surgery for dh is in less then 2 weeks (4th of May) I hope that you will keep us in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OUCHIES! I hope it doesn't hurt TOO bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok Liv - you beat me out - that one is awful - what the heck?
    Oh yeh - you should always go to the bathroom before and never go on an empty stomach - thats the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After seeing C's comment I guess I should mention that this is a photo of my abdomen normally covered up by unmentionables. I just realized this could look like my shoulder!

    The treatments usually consist of a front and back...First the abdomen, just slightly inside my knee, and around my ankles. Then a back massage, and then he'll do 10 points on my back around the tailbone, at mid point and then the shoulders for stress.

    Oh, and it doesn't hurt. It just looks bad. But thank you for everyone's concern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like it hurts!
    I have been thinking about trying it, so I look forward to your post:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like Shannon I've been thinking about whether to add acupuncture for added whatever it is that we're all missing and I'm looking forward to your post about it (which you now absolutely must do).

    ReplyDelete
  10. OUCH! I hope that it heals soon and you don't get anymore nasty bruises. :(

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  11. OUCH...that bruise looks horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Owwww !! I've actually been thinking about doing acupuncture for a while now would be really interested in your post !

    ReplyDelete