Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Where in the World Wednesday, 4th Edition

Welcome to Where in the World Wednesday. It's my way to shamelessly show off some of my favorite pics and a bit of a reprieve from the world of IF. Do you know where this is? Have you been there? Leave a guess and I'll let you know if you're a winner!

*This is a statue from the Mayan Ruins. This was taken in Copan, Honduras. One of the intersting things about this particular part of Mayan civilization is the detail to the artifacts and temples. You can see a tremendous amount of detail. Copan could be compared to a Paris, France of it's day. The temples were smaller compared to it's other counterparts in the Mayan world. Wheras the temples in the Northern jungles of Guatemala (The Peten) were quite large, they can be seen towering over treetops. However, a block is just a block, no elaborately carved pieces like the picture above.

1 comment:

  1. Nope, no idea! Geography and History were not my best subjects. But - I do love learning and I have a feeling you are going to educate me weekly!

    ReplyDelete