Saturday, May 23, 2009

Show & Tell: Happy Anniversary Twofer Post!

Welcome to my contribution to Mel's Show & Tell! This is a special anniversary edition. Happy Anniversary S&T! Which calls for a twofer!!! In honor of the S&T anniversary I'll start by "showing" another blogger's post from earlier this year and then my own.

*Oh, and speaking of anniversaries...quick note - Marvy and I celebrated 8 years of marriage on the 19th! I love you Marvy, you're my best friend!

Okay, back to task. Really it was hard to pick one S&T post since there are so many greats. But, the one that stuck with me well after I read it was from Brenna and The Real Bean. She posted a S&T about a memory box that she had a woodcrafter make for her to house precious items for her three boys that she lost at 20 weeks. Of course for my "tell" to make any sense now you have to check it out for yourself. Go ahead, you can come back...I'll wait.

See? The box is beautiful, the craftmanship is unbelievable and the design is art in itself. But when I saw it I couldn't help but point out something that was not part of the original design request but yet absolutely so appropriate. I commented to Brenna that I thought the three boxes on the lid looked more like windows and I thought that it was perfection to have a place to house her boys with windows that they will always be able to "see" out into her world and what she is doing everyday. Brenna is an amazing person and a gifted artist herself so I'm happy to know that her kiddos will continue to watch her and hopefully she will know that they are there and proud of their momma.

And now to my own S&T.

Marvy and I went on vacation this last week and a half and we had a wonderful time. One of the places we stopped to visit was at a friends house for a couple days at their new house somewhere around the Tennessee/Arkansas border. He was Marvy's best man at our wedding and vice versa for theirs. They have a lovely house on an amazing property! So, I'm going to show you the view from their back patio, a couple shots from the garden and then a sunset photo I took in their hay field.

Here is a shot I took from the herb garden. These are chives. I didn't even know they flowered like this! I think it looks really pretty.


Look! I picked my own strawberries! Here's my basket in the strawberry patch. It was so much fun. And even better was dessert we had from our bounty. Sliced strawberries with fresh squeezed lemon and sprinkled sugar. So good!

Here is the view of their land and hay field from their back porch. The property goes all they way into the treeline. Doesn't it look so peaceful? Staying at their house was like staying at a bed and breakfast. So relaxing!

And last but not least, here is the photo I took in their front property. This is between the front part of the house and the country road right by their gravel driveway. I walked out the front door, took a few steps past the driveway and walked into the hay to take this photo of the sunset. Our friend is very proud of their new "farmer" lifestyle and he loves that he has a hayfield now. So, as a thank you to our friends for hosting us, I plan on printing this out enlarged, matted and framed and send it to them. I think they'll really like it!


Now, go check out to see what everyone else brought to Show & Tell!

5 comments:

  1. Liv...can't figure it out for the life of me two things: are my tweets reaching you? And, were we not supposed to bring to the class one of our old Show and Tells?

    You friends have a beautiful property indeed....I love the last shot! And strawberries, freshly picked and consumed...wow! Love Love Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the box post...so touching.

    And, oh my God is that last picture amazing...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Brenna's post and the lovely box in tribute for her sweet sons.

    Your pictures are amazing! I'm sure they'd LOVE a framed copy of the beautiful sunset pic you took. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Liv, thank you! I've missed you--I need to add you to my reader right now, I don't know how I haven't done that yet. I loved, loved, LOVED your comment about the box. The idea that the three squares could be windows allowing Adam, Joey & Paul a view to our lives--I just loved the thought behind that comment. And I'm so touched by your words in this post today. Thank you. AND...I just shared some pretty great news over on my blog, so today is just a happy day all around. Thanks for making it even more special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pix! I am especially drawn to the chives, because of the purple.

    I remember enjoying Brenna's memory box, too.

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete